The window through which we look

I weighed in this week. I was down .5 lbs.

I will take it. With all the birthday celebrating going on...and such...I was lucky not to have gained.

***********
I planned on posting pics today but considering that I am sneezing roughly every 30 seconds and have resorted to putting kleenex's up my nose as a sort of plug, I am just going to share with you an email I rec'd a while back.

Generally when I get these, I go ahead and delete because I have seen them numerous times before and at the end is some sort of "IF you love Jesus you must send this....".

I love Jesus and he doesn't care if I don't forward the message to 20 of my closest friends.

But this message spoke to me. I think it is a good reminder to all of us.

***************
A young couple moves into a new neighborhood. The next morning while they are eating breakfast, The young woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash outside.

"That laundry is not very clean", she said. "She doesn't know how to wash correctly.Perhaps she needs better laundry soap."

Her husband looked on, but remained silent.

Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry, the young woman would make the same comments.

About one month later, the woman was surprised to see nice, clean wash on the line and said to her husband: "Look, she has learned how to wash correctly. I wonder who taught her this."

The husband said, "I got up early this morning and cleaned our windows."

And so it is with life. What we see when watching others depends on the purity of the window through which we look.

Comments

Misti said…
That's too funny! Way to go on .5 lost!!! A loss is a loss is a loss. ;D

Popular Posts