Friday, April 23, 2010

While the cat is away....

Last night I had a full schedule.

And by "Full Schedule" I mean a schedule that consisted of more than laundry, supper, dishes, laundry, baths, books and bed.

(I live a glamorous life.)

Anyway, I think the statement that best summarizes the simplicity of my daily life is the fact that I get excited to attend Weight Watchers meetings.

Yes, you got it.

I am excited to go weigh in front of people.

Crazy, I know.

Last night was the first meeting where we got to see if we had lost. Last week was our first weigh in.....

As much as I enjoyed the 'weight watchers socializing', last night I also got to play Bunco with some friends.

Yes. Two "parties" in one night.

I am a socialite....

(I don't need to mention that even with two "parties", I was on my way home by 8:30 pm. That, folks, is irrelevant. I am sticking with the story that I am 'wild and crazy':)

Anyway, as I was leaving the house, kicking off my 'wild and crazy' night, I ran into some familiar faces on the road:

I think that I recognize these people.

Apparently while I was getting ready to leave, they had decided that Peanut needed to lose some weight. Instead of sending her to the WW meeting with me, they decided to hook her up to the (tricked out) pony cart and run her up the road.

(I am glad they didn't do that to me. I don't think I could pull them past the first hill.)

(I love that rockin' lawn chair seat.)

(All it needs is a couple of cup holders and a cigarette lighter to plug the portable DVD player into.)

(What you can't see is that they have taken along for the ride two cans of Mountain Dew and a WHOLE package of Oreos. And they think Peanut has a problem.....)

Anyway, we said our "I love you's" and "Goodbyes" and I headed towards town. What I didn't realize is that it was apparently a race.

I would like to go on record as saying that I totally smoked them.

Blew their tires off.

Even Rowdy, our dog, ate my dust.

(Even if I was driving my 4 cyl 'grocery getter'. )


As I left WW I checked my phone and realized that Steven had sent me a message.

A picture message.

I probably shouldn't have even looked.

I knew better.

The picture was of my two children sitting on the back of one of our longhorn cows.

I wonder if this was his attempt to get me to come back home?

Actually, I think they just took this opportunity to do the things I would never let them do.

And they loved it.

Although this morning L complained of being a little sore due to the fact that she apparently pulled B around on the pony him a ride.

I guess she must have been trying to work off the Moutain Dew and Oreos......

1 comment:

Manda said...

i have never laughed so hard as when i saw that lawn chair....this was wonderful:)