Forever changed

As I am writing this I actually have a hard time reconciling the fact that it was 7 years ago today that I met someone that changed my entire life, and my entire being.


Knowing her has changed the relationship I have with my husband and my family and without a doubt, it has changed the relationship I have with God.


You see.....


Prior to knowing her, I will admit, that I struggled with the concept of love.


At times it seemed so conditional....and based upon merit.


I found myself trying to meet and exceed expectations in order to find worth.


I found myself looking outward for approval with no, or little, thought of looking inward.


In fact, thinking back, I think I had spent my whole life looking for something....and not knowing what it was until it was placed into my arms.







You can't be told about unconditional love. You have to feel it......



with every fiber of your being.



***********************************


It's only for a moment you are mine to hold,
the plans that Heaven has for you will all too soon unfold.



So many different prayers I'll pray for all that you might do...
but most of all I'll want to know you're walking in the truth.



And If I never told you, I want you to know as I watch you grow:

I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams,
and that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things.
I'm here for you whatever this life brings.....
so let my love give you roots and help you find your wings.

May passion be the wind that leads you through your days.
And may conviction keep you strong, guide you on your way.



May there be many moments that make your life so sweet
Oh, but more than memories......

I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams,
and that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things.
I'm here for you whatever this life brings.....
so let my love give you roots and help you find your wings.


It's not living if you don't reach for the sky.........


I'll have tears as you take off , but I'll cheer as you fly!





(Find Your Wings, Mark Harris-- Thank you to Kellys Korner Blog for introducing me to these lyrics)


******************************


Happy 7th Birthday, Lakyn!


You haven't even 'taken off' and tears already fill my eyes. You have 'filled my heart' with dreams and your faith has 'dared me to do great things'..... I will always owe you for showing me who I really am.


I love you beyond measure,


Momma



Comments

Misti said…
So super sweet! Happy Birthday Lakyn!
Marlana said…
Wow! You actually used her real name and everything! :) I enjoyed the yummy birthday cupcakes she brought today. She said she got to help make the cupcakes, but not the frosting.

Happy birthday, Lakyn! I know you make your momma very proud.
The Next Phase said…
I love the picture of you, L, and Steven on the day she was born. What I notice about that picture is the look of love and adoration you have as you look on Miss L BUT what I find more interesting and amazing is that Steven is looking at YOU with such love and adoration. Ahhhh! What an amazing husband and father!!!

Popular Posts