Get your kicks.....

Last night my husband and I were watching TV with the kids. As men will do, he surfed through all the channels and stopped on the local public televsion channel. My husband normally never stops on any channel-he just continually wathes a little here, a little there....so the fact that he stopped intrigued me. Apparently there was a special on "Route 66". First, I must say we aren't car enthusiasts or even historians searching out the lost stories of Route 66, but we did stop to listen and learn about this apparent "international tourist attraction" that is located in such close proximity to us.

This show stated that their are an abundance of people from overseas who come to the United States to travel the "Mother Road". There must be something that I am missing. I travel over 10 miles of this famous stretch of highway almost everyday. I must admit that some of the stories and locations pointed out by this documentary were interesting, but I would have never guessed they were interesting on an international scale. Now, my husband is all for loading up and traveling this stretch from St. Louis to Joplin, just to see what it has on it.....maybe it would be fun. I am not sure that I am quite on board with this....

When and if, I relent, I say let's do this on a huge scale. Let's go the full route. Los Angeles to Chicago..... with two small kids, I am sure it would be fun.

Comments

The Sour Kraut said…
You should rent an RV and really do it right!
Kim said…
I don't think I am up to it anytime soon.

Popular Posts