It's all over but the crying..

As of 1:00 this afternoon, kindergarten is over. But guess what? I am not crying.





I am excited about spending the summer with my kids. I am also equally excited about not having to get up early every single day. Lying in bed snuggling my kids sounds really good to me right now.






The lying in bed part is generally not my style but when considering that yesterday I spent the whole morning pulling at least three kids at a time around in a wagon at the zoo, lying down sounds pretty good to me. It did then and it does now.




You see yesterday Mr. B and I went on a field trip with Miss L's kindergarten class. Once we got there Mr. B started in about wanting to ride in a wagon.






I told him that he was big enough to walk.






However, soon there after a friend and I volunteered to supervise another child that was in our daughters' class. This child had once told me that she had just gotten braces off of her legs and sometimes struggled with it.









She was such a sweetheart and I wanted her to have the option of riding, so I blamed it on Mr. B and sprung for wagon rental.





It became quickly apparent that (almost) every child on the field trip wanted a ride except for the one who could use it the most.








I honestly didn't mind and after looking at the pictures of me pulling them around, I think it is safe to say that this body could use a couple more....make that many, many more, days of pulling a wagon that weighed close to that of a small car.

*******************



Since we had not had all the fun that a person can have in a day, we headed over to the park to eat a picnic lunch. Actually, make that lunch from McDonald's.



Same thing, right? Same. except for the fact that I have never before packed a picnic lunch complete with a Kids Bop CD. SCORE!










And because I am glutton for punishment, I decided that afterwards, it was imperative to go get the kids some new tennis shoes and Mr. B some shorts...(yes, his daddy lets him wear shorts and tennis shoes...just not flip flops or sandals) so off to the mall we went.





The kids had decided that the heat was too oppressive and that I needed to put their pool up as soon as we arrived home. Considering that this requires some assistance from Steven, and he wasn't going to be home until late, I knew this wasn't going to happen.





They conceded that possibly a slip-n-slide might do the trick and help them beat the heat...the 78 degree heat. (sigh) Since we don't own a slip-n-slide, we had to stop at Wal-Mart. Of course, we couldn't just get the slip-n-slide. No sir-ee. We had to get the slip-n-slide with two lanes, (so they can race) and two inflatable cushions (to go faster).





On the way home I told Miss L and Mr. B that they were rotten and spoiled. Miss L said, "No we aren't, you are just a good mommy."





I laughed and said, "you are working me....I know what you are doing."





To which she replied, "yeah, I am trying to get your money out of you..."





Isn't there something about honesty being a virtue? Wait, that is patience. In this instance I guess that makes me the virtuous one.



****************



Even though we arrived home after 6:00 p.m., being a prisoner to my OCD (I'm joking, of course....kind of), I decided that I must mow the yard, right then, before I could do anything else. Period.





Well, anything else but setting up the slip-n-slide.





So, while I mowed the kids slipped and slided (?) down the hill. Their lips were blue and they were shaking, but if you would have asked them, they would have told you that it was absolutely NOT cold. NOT. COLD.



**********************



As I finished up the yard. Or rather, after the weed eater ran out of gas, I, being the good mother I am, decided that it was time to feed my kids supper.





I am not sure what clued me in to them needing to be fed. Was it: 1) the fact that it was 8:30 p.m. and their bedtime is at 8:00 p.m. OR 2) the fact that while I was mowing I noticed Mr. B had helped himself to the pantry and was carrying around - and eating out of - an entire bag of cereal, which he had so thoughtfully removed from the box.

*****************

It ended up being after ten before the kids were put to bed.



Waking them up was not easy. Getting Miss L to the bus in time, fed, dressed and conscious was even harder.



It is for this reason, that you won't find me crying about kindergarten being over.



That and the fact that I get to spend more time with her.



SIDE NOTE ABOUT NOTHING:


If, and that is a big if, you are reading this and you have read my other post about my crepe papery chin, you can now see my other problem areas, make that my other problem face. The whole area....the whole face. As you will notice there is a very attractive (emphasis on the very) line across the top of my nose. And it isn't a small nose, therefore it isn't a small line. On the outside corners of my eyes there are lines, and everywhere else, lizardy looking wrinkled skin. If you know a plastic surgeon....tell him about me. Tell him to take pity. SERIOUSLY! I am 32! Tell him that I will write about him (or her) here and the none of you that read this (based on comments) will get to hear all about it.



Oh yeah, the sweat? Well I worked hard for that. I own it!

Comments

The Next Phase said…
You look great! Quit picking on yourself. Seriously, you're going to give yourself a complex. ;)

Oh! And I want to take a turn on that slip and slide. All we ever got when I was growing up was a garden hose and one of those garden sprayers that moves back and forth. You're kids are dang lucky!!!

Popular Posts