Good friend, good times, great shirt



I started this week in the tourist trap we, here in Missouri, like to call Branson.

It was a fun sort of getaway for the kids and I. Steven stayed at home and held down the fort.

Heartbreaking, isn't it, that he was deprived from the cultural experience?

Yeah, I would feel sorry for him, but I know, of course, that he would rather chew off his left arm than spend three days in Branson.

My good (natured) friend, Joy, who regularly irregularly can be found leaving snarky comments on this blog - or my facebook page - was doing penance and offered her parents condo -and her company- and we gladly accepted.
********************

There are some things I learned those three days that I think I need to share with you...

1.) There are not enough hours in a day for my children to have their fill of an indoor pool - or hot tub - whatever the case may be.

2.) Two adults, four children (ages 4 to 6) = no one agreeing on what is for supper.

3.) Kids will always eat hot dogs for supper (even if they tell you they won't).

4.) You can bring an entire arsenal of snacks and drinks, both being of much better variety than ever offered to them in their natural habitat (i.e. home) and they will still want to eat someone else's snacks and drinks. Every. Time.

5.) Fanny packs are never cool - even when being disguised as a purse - even when accompanied by a little battery operated fan.

6.) Some fake tans are better than others.

7.) When angry, controlling, old men retire, they get jobs at Silver Dollar City.

8.) My son is officially afraid of everything. Even amazing pets.

9.) Some people will stand for hours putting quarters into a machine to randomly shoot water at strangers. Especially strangers with blond, poofy hair.

10.) Some friendships get better with time.

Thanks for the memories Joy! Oh, yes! AND for the Bon Jovi Hard Rock tee.

Oh, how I love thee and that shirt.

Comments

Mama Goose said…
Life lessons.

Glad you could get away and make some wonderful memories!
Unknown said…
Oh my gosh, Kim! How funny! We did have quite the time! I'm sorry that you can't seem get over how hot I am when sporting the infamous fanny pack!
The Next Phase said…
Ummm...I want to see pictures of this fanny pack! LOL Going to Branson for 3 days can be quite the experience but LIVING there for 4 years is beyond belief! :)

Popular Posts