saying "Thanks"

For the last three weeks I feel like I have been receiving little thoughts/jobs/messages sent down to me from.......where? God? I am not sure. All I know is that about 3 weeks ago I was awakened by this thought. Something was urging me to contact a doctor that was, I think, the one person to be given credit for my husband's survival of his bull riding accident. I felt like after 9 years, I NEEDED to say thank you. NOW!

I drug my feet on this one...I just couldn't imagine what kind of fruit loop he would take me for. I mean, really, who writes a doctor 9 YEARS after they treated someone....and I am not even that someone that was treated.

Today, I just couldn't take it anymore. I felt like I was ignoring some divine hand pushing me in the direction I was meant to go. After consulting with my in house advisors, Joy and Princess, I decided to take the risk of being considered a little off my rocker and write this damn letter. So I forged ahead, wrote the letter, and will be dropping it off in the mail receptacle in approximately 20 minutes.

I imagine tomorrow, while I am at home, I will be able to hear the snickers of office help whispering to me in the wind. Who cares! RIGHT? I mean, what kind of world do we live in that makes us fearful that people will think we are weird because we are being........horror of all horrors.......nice?

Unrelated observation: Today I was online at art.com looking for different prints to possibly put in my house. There was one particular print that was on sale. I didn't particularly like it, but I did notice that it WAS marked down. Get this......it was originally $30.00 and it had been marked down to.......hold on to your seats.......$29.99. Like it or not, for that kind of savings I think I am going to order one anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts