Friday, March 26, 2010

You may be right....I may be crazy

DISCLAIMER: Do not, for one minute, believe that my photo's are going to be good. Or artistic. They are not. Looking at the photo's on Lemonade Makin' Mama's blog make me a wee bit insecure about the pics of this renovation. Hers are awesome. Still.....I forge ahead.


Well.....I am happy to say that 99% of what I have tagged "L's Birthday Project 2010" is done.





And I have managed to avoid both Lakeland and the Marion Center yet again and that, folks, is what I consider a success.





(Wiping hand over forehead....) Whew...that was a close one!





For those of you who don't know what I am referring to, you can read about it here.





That being said, I know that I am particular and the room, although close, isn't completely pulled together yet. There is something missing that I can't quite put my finger on....but my sister cares not about my finger putting and insists on calling me, harassing me to post pictures of L's room.





I think she is wanting photographic evidence of her hard work and namely....."THE CONQUERING OF THE STRIPES".





You know....there were naysayers. People told us it couldn't be done. (Yes, Steven, I am looking at you.) Others were skeptical of our painting abilities.....but we rose above.





With frog tape and mad skillz, we pulled off stripes. With vinyl and a Cricut we pulled off dots.





With the exception of the white polka dots that are to be placed on the solid section of pink ABOVE the stripes..... the walls are done.






(I had a friend of a friend sew (embroider?) the monogram and initial on fabric I had purchased.)




(My mom matched the fabric and made Euro Shams)



(Side view.....vinyl dots and repainted picture frames and of course, part of a Dora the Explorer pillow)


(The illustrious stripes. I should have taken a picture up close so that you could see that there was no bleeding. {Ahem. Steven.} It is above this section that I am placing white vinyl dots.)



(OK. This isn't an example of how the paint didn't dry correctly....it is an example of how I don't have Photoshop and tried to maintain some secrecy with only the help of Publisher. I don't recommend it. Still..... I used more vinyl for her name and dots.)



(I found the mobile online and although it matches the color scheme perfectly, I am afraid it might have to go...or possibly just find a different home in the room. I was trying to camoflauge a bare area above her armoire, but with the wise words of Abe....I am not so sure it needed it.)


(If this picture wasn't so light you would be able to see the lamp shade that matches and the paint job I gave to her current lamp.)
Anyway....I lived through it and so did Sarah. Speaking of which.....you can drop the threatening phone calls now. OK?
So although we definitely aren't going to end up on the cover of any magazine, the transformation from little girl's room......to a little bigger girl's room (I refuse to say 'Big Girl'), is done. She is happy....and I am happy to not be painting.
This better last her until she is a teenager.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Yay Yay!

~The Nagging Sister

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Girl!! You did such a darling job! And whatevs on the whole "my photos won't be as good as LMM's" Your photos are totally rockin AND artistic! :)

You make me giggle like crazy. Your commentary is hysterical. Thanks for sharing with me!

Blessings,
Sasha

Manda said...

very cute! love it! also, i would make a floral arrangement or a collection of something (vases, or something like that..)instead of the mobile. it would fill in the space without covering abe...