Crack cookies and such

Today's weigh in was a huge disappointment, but not a surprise.

You see, this weekend we had a girl's get-together. Among other things, I made some lemon bar/brownies. Now keep in mind that I am not a fan of all things lemon.

I mean, lemon. Really?

But, these brownie/bars are like "heaven in my mouth". Amazing.

And I couldn't stop eating them.

I gave myself this one night to cheat, but I thought I would keep everything into perspective.

Funny.

Perspective.

That is what I gained yesterday on the weight watchers website and again this morning on the scales.

You see, my lovely little lemon brownie bars. Yes. Well, they are worth almost 10 pts each and I get 20 pts a day. The fact that I couldn't leave them alone all night, makes me think that I have went well above and beyond my pts allowance for the year.

Ahem.

That being said, this week I am down .6 lbs.

Not much...but, seriously? I thought I would be up.

On a lighter...make that heavier, note, if you would like the recipe it is as follows.

1 lemon cake mix (dry)
1 egg
1/2 cup butter (melted)

**Mix these ingredients together and spread (push) into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.

Next, mix together:
1 pkg cream cheese (softened)
2 eggs (beaten)
3 3/4 cups of powdered sugar
1 teas vanilla

Spread this on top of bottom layer and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until top is light brown.

Be forewarned.....you won't be able to leave them alone.

Yes. I know. 3 3/4 cups of powdered sugar. I should have known.

Comments

~*Michelle*~ said…
Oh yummy! And YAY! on no weight gain....

I think we should all have a little bit of "reward" from time to time.....remember to live, mama! That little reward will be the incentive to do well the following week and have something to look forward to.

Love your new look here too! :)
Manda said…
THOSE SOUND LIKE PAULA DEENS GOOEY BUTTER CAKES! ive made many versions of those! ive never had lemon...they sound delicious!

Popular Posts