Maybe the drugs will help....

I need to post something yet I can't even get motivated to do it.

A couple of weeks ago we went on a float trip with family and the pressure they put on me to blog about it was incredible and I feel as if anything I write will be insufficient.

(Do you guys feel guilty yet?)
*********************


Anyway, Monday I am having surgery to remove my gallbladder. Apparently I don't need it.

I am hoping the drugs they send me home with will cause me to be inspired, or at the very least, to hallucinate.

I am planning on returning to work on Wednesday (yes, I know, I am superwoman). As much as I would love to lie around and have someone wait on me hand and foot, I realize that will never happen in a million years and I might as well lie around and get paid for it at work.

That being said, I am only going to lie around at work for a couple of days before I take off again.

This time it is Miss L who will be having all the fun. They are removing her tonsils. (Apparently you don't need those either) Something about having strep 4-5 times last year and having it twice in the last month not being ideal. Who knew?

We really know how to do it right at our house!

********************
You know, if it weren't for my bosses and the understanding and compassion they show me, I don't know where I would be.


In fact, today, Dale told me that on Monday, Steven was welcome to swing by the funeral home prior to my surgery and pick up the funeral home suburban and a cot.....you know, "just in case".

He went on to explain that it would not only save Steven money (on transportation costs), but also save him (Dale) time.

They are so awesome.......

Comments

~*Michelle*~ said…
Oh Kim....I love the way you write!

Prayers being said for you and Miss L......may God be guiding the surgeons hands and you both have a quick recovery.

I still think you should milk it for a few days if possible...these opportunities don't come around often and you will eventually start running out of organs that are not needed.
Mama Goose said…
Too funny - The boss part, not the gallbladder and tonsil removal part.

Hope you and Miss L are back up and running again VERY soon. (But I agree with Michelle that you should take the time you need to heal.)
~*Michelle*~ said…
Checking back in on ya, Kim.....hope everyone is going OK after your surgery.

xox

Popular Posts