These are the days of my life

When I was saddled with the job of (once again) being in charge of a Halloween party at my children’s school, I thought of her.



She was a good friend in elementary and even then we played school. She, of course, was the teacher.

I thought I wanted to be a teacher.

However, I purposefully didn't sign up to chair ANY school parties this year. I even went so far as to inform their teachers that I am MUCH better at following, than I am at leading.


In reality, I am worried about 3rd graders thinking that I am lame.

Yes. Lame.

(A new word that has arrived at my house thanks to the kids at school.)


Anyway, I thought that maybe the kids would like to play Halloween Bingo.


(As I typed it, I DID think to myself, "What are you? 70?")

Anyway. I need help. From someone. Anyone. You? Her?


My friend has a third grader, was a teacher, and has probably been orchestrating parties in her head since school started back after summer break.


You? Well, that's anyones guess.


For some reason, I figure the kids won't remember my stints of chairing their parties in grades K-2, but 3rd grade scares me.


I was talking about Days of our Lives with my teacher in 3rd grade. This is a sophisticated age.



(Maybe I SHOULD talk about Days with the kids or have Days of our Lives trivia?)


Anyway…..

Help!


Please?


Pretty please?

Comments

Popular Posts