Simple simplicity

Oh, Saturday. How I love thee.

This past Saturday was pretty normal for us. Nothing major. Nothing out of the ordinary. But you know what? I love ordinary.

It started out by me mowing our yard while Steven worked piling and burning some brush. The kids played outside in the dirt pile and were having a blast.

Since in the 3 hours it takes to mow the yard, I had gotten significantly hot, I knew that the kids had to be as well.

So, before I started weed eating I hooked up a sprinkler, handed the kids two bottles of shaving cream and said, "have at it".

At first they were a little reluctant.

It didn't take long for them to jump in and lather up.

B grew a beard.

L developed an outie belly button.

When I finished, the kids sprayed off just in time for Steven to pull up in his Ranger and say "jump in". So the kids (wet) and me (without make-up) jumped in to see where the ride would take us.


The first stop was along side the road where the kids took the opportunity to bust some old eggs by throwing them at a tree.



Riveting, I know.

Simple...but fun. And even in egg busting, the kids' competitive nature came out.



Then, we stopped at the creek and let the kids wade.


We jumped back in a drove on. We hadn't gotten far when a neighbor waved us in. L was glad we had stopped.

Does anything taste better than eating a watermelon on a hot day, while barefooted, at a neighbors house? I don't think so, and I am not even a fan of watermelon.



Later that afternoon we had our very own tractor pulls. L and B were fierce competitors. B got beat a time or two, and then decided to practice some more.



So, he backed up to the "sled":
He took off:



And made a "full pull"!
Daddy thought we needed to add some more weight:

This cut down the distance B was able to go considerably. He didn't like it. So...... we took off the extra weight and he went again.





I don't know about you, but I think this makes him happy!



That night we went to some of our friends and ended up going out to eat.





Pizza....the perfect ending to a perfect day.

Comments

Amanda said…
I love weekends like this. Love the photos with the shaving cream. fun fun
Marlana said…
Sounds like a perfect day to me! The shaving cream and egg busting cracks me up. :) I have never thought of using shaving cream outside for fun. I'm sure your kiddos were having the greatest time ever!

Popular Posts