Who knew....?

Seventeen years ago today, I went on my first date ever. It happened to be with my husband.




Yep. I was hooked from the beginning and starting at the ripe old age of 16, dated him for 8 years.




In twelve days, we will celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary.




****************




I have touched on the drama that surrounded our "courtship".




I attribute much of it to our young age.




In fact, almost daily I am surprised by the fact that we seem to be "normal"...and I use that term loosely...adults.




Maybe it is good not to be too normal? Right?




I mean, because of him I laugh almost daily. He has a way of making the most mundane things funny.




For instance.....




Last night as I was going through my nightly bedtime ritual, Steven jumped in the shower. As he finished up, he stepped out, elaborately wrapped the towel around his wet hair in the form of a turban (yes, as I would do), stepped in front of the full length mirror and began flexing his muscles and posing.




Then, as if none of that had just transpired, he peered into the mirror, stroked his 'beard' and commented how nice his facial had hair looked since the beginning of "No-Shave November". He then removed the turban and began elaborately feathering his hair, YES, I said 'feathering his hair', back. The hair that is always covered in a cowboy hat.




All I could do is laugh at the absurdity.




******************




I hope that everyone gets to experience these kind of silly, crazy, sometimes stupid moments with their loved one.




You know the kind. I know that I do.




Moments where I find myself wondering how in the world I ended up with this man.....and thanking God at the same moment that I did.

Comments

~*Michelle*~ said…
Here is an early Happy Anniversary to you.....I love hearing stories like this. I mostly love how laughter is weaved into your marriage, as I believe it is a true gift from Above to keep a marriage so healthy and happy.

xox
Happy early anniversary! Love that he was feathering his hair...

Popular Posts