unexplainable

This morning I came to work and proceeded my day as usual.

Neither one of the guys had made it in and since no one had recently passed away there was no reason to be expecting them.

I went to the restroom to well, do what people do in the restroom.

As I exited I turned back the direction of the door in order to shut it. As I closed the door, there in the hallway was somebody. This caused an "Oh!" to escape my lips before realization set in.

No one was there. And really as I thought about it, I didn't actually see a person as much as a whiteness taking up space. However in the nanosecond that this all took place my mind didn't have time to process this.

However, apparently the whiteness was in that moment real enough to extract an exclamation from my mouth. So to me, this was proof enough that something, indeed, had been there.

As odd as it sounds, I didn't really think much about it.

Although I work at a funeral home, I don't regularly encounter ghosts. Still yet, I wasn't shaken.

As I went to the (well lit) front office again I saw "something". I am not being elusive here. There are no words because to be honest, my mind isn't sure what it saw and my memory is failing. It is almost like it doesn't want to remember.

Again, I was not frightened.

In fact I had an inner dialogue about how I at least had material to blog about....with my other inner self veto-ing that idea because the stigma that would place on funeral homes would not be(generally) an accurate one.

Along with this conversation I had flashbacks of my boss telling me about a vacation that he and his wife went on. They toured a "haunted hotel". He told the ghost tour guide that he didn't believe in ghosts and that after x amount of years in the funeral business he had never seen one.

She told him that she wouldn't expect him to. Why would a ghost hang out at a funeral home? She asked.......There is nothing to tie that person there.

I thought about that and it made sense. And I went on about my day, unshaken and unafraid, as usual.

Once returning from lunch I plopped down in a chair to talk to my boss.

The phone rang.  My boss answered it.

"Hi Amanda"

And with that being the only thing that left his mouth, everything started to fall into place for me before the phone call was even over.

My friend, Ms. C, passed away this morning in her sleep.

We used to work together. In fact, she lived here in the apartment at this funeral home up until 2 1/2 years ago. I had just spoke to her. We had good conversations and even though she told me how much talking to me meant to her and made her feel better, I knew that the reverse was true. She saw the Kim that I want to be. The Kimthat I strive to be.

I think that this morning she was just checking "in" on her way out.......

I miss her already.

Comments

Unknown said…
I am sorry you lost someone near to you.

I like that she is still around in spirit.

I believe whole-heartedly in ghosts. Our old house had one for awhile, then it left. This house has nothing. There is no feeling of anyone else in this house whatsoever.

I think our old ghost was my father-in-law hanging around for a time after his death until he knew we would all be okay without him. Who knows? That was my theory.
The Sour Kraut said…
Oops. I guess now you know my real name.
Girlplustwo said…
wow. and she came to say goodbye on her way out...how profound is that, and how amazing that you saw her.

what an awesome story.
Augs Casa said…
gosh, I really enjoyed that post. I have ton of books on hauntings and psychics and near death experiences. I am fascinated by this subject. I can't get enough of it. I'm the weird one always asking to see spirits and ghosts and all. That was such a good read.
dawn224 said…
My dad had a funeral home - all of this - totally similar.

Popular Posts