Inadequate

That is how I feel.

When I started this blog a little over a year ago, it was at the insistence of a couple of friends.

A way to keep in contact and keep laughing, throughout the work day.

A year later one of the friends is no longer blogging and the other friend only blogs....occasionally.

With or without them I have very few readers, yet that is OK.

This whole blog world is new to me, yet very intriguing. These blogs allow you to peek into someones life and view what is going on in their world. Sometimes it is very superficial and fun, and other times, it is much more deep and intimate, leaving you feeling like you very much know this person......this person you very much DON'T know.

I read stories of people investing so much of their time and energy striving to make the world better and I am inspired..... yet I find myself at a loss of what to do, and armed with an arsenal of excuses of why I can't do anything.

I want to be the person who gives selflessly, but at the end of the day I feel like I have nothing left to give. Am I bad? Rationally I know that everyone is born having something of value to offer. I guess I need to figure out what that is.

Sure I donate money every now and then. Not enough to make a dent, but some. Yet this too feels inadequate. I feel called to do more. But I sit here not knowing what.

Soon, hopefully, very soon, I will get this ball in motion.

Comments

Girlplustwo said…
oh, friend. we all feel inadequate. in the face of so much suffering, how do we not?

but to recognize your own feelings about the world around us in a way that disturbs you enough to want to do something about it...well, that's more than many ever get to in their entire lives.

you've opened a door, see. now you get to see what is on the other side.

oh, and i read your blog, sister. so there.
Anonymous said…
Karen, come on....you contibute to this world in so many ways. Let me name a few.

You are a wonderful friend. I have known you ever since I was a little kid, yet here we sit some 30 years later still talking. How many people can say that. You are the friend I know I will always have no matter what happens in my life. You should never undervalue what your friendship means to people. Sometimes it can be the only thing that gets a person through the day.

Next, you are raising 2 of the most well behaved kids I have ever seen. They will make a HUGE impact on this world, due in large part to you and Mr. Forest.

While some people are out saving the world, you are shaping the minds of our future leaders. Again, never undervalue that contribution to this world.

There are so many ways to contribute and help this world. What you think is miner, such as being a friend or mother, could make a huge impact. Sometimes we just don't know how important we are.

Don't think of yourself as inadequate. Look at the positives in your life and thank God for every day he gives you here on this earth to make an impact on some elses life.

I know I appreciate you being here.

Exambo
Kim said…
Thank you. I appreciate all of the kind words. You too, Exambo, are a great friend. It is said that you have to be a good friend to have good friends.....

Popular Posts