Pedi....cure?

I have always heard of people who clean their house before the cleaning lady comes.......

I have now fallen into a different, but similiar, category. I am among the leagues who don't get pedicures until their feet get......(well, for lack of a better word, I am throwing the English language to the wind and will say)........not so gross. Bad grammer, yes. Conveys the message...yes, again.

I received a gift certificate for a pedicure, facial and massage from my boss for my 30th birthday. I have been holding on to this for two reasons. 1.) I am busy and 2.) I am gross. This salon is in part owned by a girl I went to school with.... a rather perfect looking/acting girl, I went to school with.

I do not want her to see my nasty feet. Normally I think my feet are just fine and not really, what I would call, unattractive feet. However, last summer kicked off their annual summer molting. As I am typing this I can pull off hardened chunks of skin that have already starting peeling off. Hideous? yes! Gross? With out a doubt! But apparently not gross enough for me to get down to business and do some heavy duty maintenance and repair work.

I think I have an aversion to lotion. I definately have one to socks. Unless I am outside, and it is winter, I do not wear socks. And in order for me to put lotion on my feet, I would have to follow that up with socks......and I prefer to go bare footed inside..... But today, as I am peeling away layers I think that starting tonight I must overcome....and lotion up and put on socks as soon as arriving home. Then, maybe, my feet will become pedicure worthy.

Comments

Kim said…
I think I have surely grossed everyone out. For the record, I didn't even put lotion on them last night. I AM TERRIBLE. I did use a pumice stone on them which has softened them some. The heel area really needs some more work. Maybe I can borrow one of my mom's (wood) sanders.

Does anybody else out there have a body part/area that you can't even believe that you have....or am I the only one?
Becky said…
I used to get the stuff from Avon called Fancy Feet. I'm not sure if they even make it any more. You rubbed it on your foot and the dead skin just sloughed off. (Is "sloughed off" proper grammer?) It was kind of gross, but kind of fun.
The Sour Kraut said…
I use Curel Ultra Healing Lotion on my feet dialy and all the dryness is gone. I use it very liberally.

Popular Posts